2 TBL peanut butter, 1 C milk, 1 med banana, 4 C courage. Add ice and blend vigorously.


Each day in this wacky new life of mine brings new challenge (start-from-scratch business opportunities, job interviews, sales calls, first dates, etc.). I've got to whip up a fresh batch of courage each morning along with my breakfast smoothie. A dyed-in-the-wool Yankee stoic, I confess that I've needed double batches of courage and fearlessness to post my vulnerabilities here in this blog. Taking a bit of a breather, here are some quotes about fear that I turn to for support and inspiration.  I hope they help you too.

Love, Lelly

Fear is only as deep as the mind allows. -Japanese Proverb

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest. -Henry David Thoreau

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

In skating over thin ice our safety is in our speed. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. - H. P. Lovecraft

Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. -Dale Carnegie

Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not. -Virgil Thomson

The enemy is fear. We think it is hate; but, it is fear. -Gandhi

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic.
- Unknown

People living deeply have no fear of death. -Anais Nin

Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will. -James Stephens

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
-Frank Herbert

I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today. -William Allen White

Who sees all beings in his own self, and his own self in all beings, loses all fear. -Isa Upanishad, Hindu Scripture

Where no hope is left, is left no fear. -Milton

I live in a state whose motto is Hope. - Lelly (circa 1977)

Many thanks and mad respect to The Positivity Blog.

No comments