Do you have a courage ritual?

Here's a quickie about courage. We all have personal rituals that we perform when we need a little something extra. A pep talk. A virtual butt kick.

I've got a song.

I sing this one on the very top of my lungs in the car (do beep if you see me barreling down the highway, mouth wide open, red in the face, windows rattling) on my way to job interviews, first dates, new classes -- any situation where I could most certainly fall flat on my ass. Those times when I have to channel my inner rock star; grow some 'brass ones,'  paste on a big smile and JUMP! This played in my ears as I sat in the QVC green room, waiting for my airtime (every single show for 7 years). This played in my ears before I walked down the aisle on my wedding day, then later as I drove to family court for my divorce hearing. This played in my ears when I quit my job and began this terrifying and exhilarating journey.


Don't tell me not to fly. I've simply got to.
If someone takes a spill, it's me and not you!
Who told you you're allowed to rain on my parade?


A song about authenticity and accountability and risk/reward. "Yes I know. I could very well be out of my mind, but I'm going to try and if it doesn't work, at least I didn't fake it." I'm not going to provide any context for this clip. If you haven't seen the film, get on Netflix right now and add "Funny Girl" to your queue.






What's your courage ritual? Please do share....

Love, Lelly

[P.S. I'm very happy that Gleeks are Googling this song and hearing -- and loving -- it for the first time.]

1 comment

  1. The best YouTube videos and the best GIFs | VCR - VCR
    The best YouTube videos and the best GIFs. VCR. Home · Video · Video · Videos. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. youtube mp4 VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR. VCR.

    ReplyDelete