After so many years in the corporate world, I still think in quarters. Consider January 1 to March 31 quarter 1, fiscal year 2011. I spent these first 90 days or so tying up loose ends.
- I worked the corporate job until the end of January.
- I went on a couple of job interviews and spoke with recruiters about my "stellar" resume and what I wanted to do next.
- I cleaned my house like Martha Stewart on crack.
- I bid on 2 used American Girl dolls for KnittedByH.A.N.D. and rephotographed and remerchandised the Etsy Shop and launched parallel shops on ArtFire and Zibbet.
- I played with the dolls.
- I baked cookies and cakes, and made a lot of soups.
- I ramped up my Zumba teaching schedule from 3 to 9 classes per week.
- I dabbled in some pro-bono social media and ecommerce consulting.
- I broke ground on a new direct sales business (more on that later).